Cultured Freshwater Pearl Sterling Silver Necklace - Florence
Contemporary and classic, this 7.5 - 8mm natural coloured cultured freshwater potato pearl with its smooth even nacre is framed by a pretty handcrafted circle charm carrier, lightly hammered for extra sparkle.
Finished beautifully with a 16in Sterling Silver Cardano chain.
The 2in extension chain with its genuine Herkimer Diamond Quartz dangle ensures this necklace is just as pretty at the back.
Herkimer Diamonds are found only in the foothills within and just outside Herkimer County, NY, USA.
Created using freshwater mussels, cultured freshwater pearls have been farmed since the early twentieth century.
Natural wonders that have been treasured for centuries. Greek mythology proclaimed pearls to be tears of joy shed by the goddess Aphrodite. Ancient Egyptians associated pearls with Isis, the goddess of healing and life and a Persian legend says that pearls were created when a rainbow met the Earth after a storm. Imperfections in a pearl's appearance were the result of thunder and lightning.
Pearls are cherished today as a traditional wedding gift, a birthstone, and in jewellery that's both a classic and contemporary addition to any outfit.
- Limited Edition
- For more information on our Freshwater Pearls click here
- Matches all our Freshwater Pearl bracelets and earrings
- Perfectly packaged in a beautiful gift box with an information card
- Choose one of our full Gift Wrapping services for that extra special touch
- Free Standard Delivery on all UK orders (3-5 working days)