Cultured Freshwater Pearl Earrings With Sterling Silver - Ayla
Freshwater Coin Pearl Earrings.
Handcrafted sterling silver ear wires and fabulous freshwater coin pearls in a beautiful natural ivory colour with a high lustre come together to create these elegant earrings.
With their contemporary design, these freshwater pearl earrings are fabulous for any occasion.
The perfect go to accessory whatever your style.
Pearl is the birthstone for June and a traditional Wedding Anniversary gemstone.
According to Forbes, pearls are "replacing diamonds as a staple among fashionistas worldwide thanks to the influence of celebrities like Katy Perry, Angelina Jolie, Scarlett Johansson and Kiera Knightley, who pair pearls with sophisticated attire to create a modern classic look"
Created using freshwater mussels, cultured freshwater pearls have been farmed since the early twentieth century.
Natural wonders that have been treasured for centuries. Greek mythology proclaimed pearls to be tears of joy shed by the goddess Aphrodite. Ancient Egyptians associated pearls with Isis, the goddess of healing and life and a Persian legend says that pearls were created when a rainbow met the Earth after a storm. Imperfections in a pearl's appearance were the result of thunder and lightning.
Pearls are cherished today as a traditional wedding gift, a birthstone, and in jewellery that's both a classic and contemporary addition to any outfit.
- Limited Edition
- Freshwater coin pearls measure Approx. 12mm
- Earrings measure Approx. 4cm from top to bottom including pearls
- For more information on our Freshwater Pearls click here
- Perfectly packaged in a beautiful gift box with an information card
- Choose one of our full Gift Wrapping services for that extra special touch
- Free Standard Delivery on all UK orders (3-5 working days)