Stunning Natural Rare Whitby Jet and Baltic Amber Necklace - Lela
Natural Whitby Jet Necklace with Baltic Amber.
This stunning natural Whitby Jet pendant is set on its natural side with a gorgeous Baltic Amber cabochon, creating a striking contrast between the cognac hues of the Amber and the 'Jet Black' of the Whitby Jet.
The top, bottom and sides of this Whitby Jet pendant have been smoothed by hand with the front a combination of natural and smooth.
Whitby Jet in its natural state shows off its wooded structure wonderfully and this can be seen on both the front and back of this pendant.
Polished by hand to a deep glossy black shine, this pendant is truly 'Jet Black'
A sterling silver bail and a choice of an 18 or 20in Diamond Cut sterling silver snake chain finishes this necklace perfectly.
Jet is one of the six stones for the Zodiac sign of Capricorn.
Approximately 182 million years old, Whitby Jet is the fossilised wood from trees similar to the Chile Pine or Monkey Puzzle Tree and has been mined since the early Bronze Age.
Whitby Jet jewellery was made popular in the late 19th Century by Queen Victoria's love of this classic black gemstone.
One of the rarest gemstones, it can only be found along the seven and a half mile stretch of coastline by the town of Whitby, North Yorkshire, UK.
- Only one available
- All our Whitby Jet is sourced from the North Yorkshire coast
- Whitby Jet gemstone pendant measures Approx. 7mm x 14mm (at its widest point) x 38mm
- Baltic Amber gemstone cabochon measures 3mm
- See our Blog for more information about this truly amazing British gemstone
- Perfectly packaged in a beautiful gift box with a brief history of Whitby Jet
- Choose one of our full Gift Wrapping services for that extra special touch
- Free Standard Delivery on all UK orders (3-5 working days)