Simply Natural Rare Whitby Jet Gemstone Necklace - Ebony
Natural Whitby Jet Necklace.
This wonderful piece of natural Whitby Jet is set simply on a classic sterling Silver bail to create an extremely wearable necklace.
The top and sides of this Whitby Jet pendant have been smoothed by hand, with the back left in its natural state to highlight its fabulous wooded structure.
This necklace looks great whether you choose to show off its natural or polished side,
Polished by hand to a deep glossy black shine, this pendant is truly 'Jet Black'
Jet is one of the six stones for the Zodiac sign of Capricorn.
A sterling silver bail and a choice of an 18 or 20in Diamond Cut sterling silver snake chain finishes this necklace perfectly.
Approximately 182 million years old, Whitby Jet is the fossilised wood from trees similar to the Chile Pine or Monkey Puzzle Tree and has been mined since the early Bronze Age.
Whitby Jet jewellery was made popular in the late 19th Century by Queen Victoria's love of this classic black gemstone.
One of the rarest gemstones, it can only be found along the seven and a half mile stretch of coastline by the town of Whitby, North Yorkshire, UK.
- Only one available
- All our Whitby Jet is sourced from the North Yorkshire coast
- Whitby Jet gemstone cabochon measures Approx. 44mm x 21mm (at its widest point) x 8mm
- See our Blog for more information about this truly amazing British Gemstone
- Perfectly packaged in a beautiful gift box with a brief history of Whitby Jet
- Choose one of our full Gift Wrapping services for that extra special touch
- Free Standard Delivery on all UK orders (3-5 working days)